The tension between Marvel and former X-Men ’97 showrunner Beau DeMayo has escalated this week with Marvel stripping DeMayo of any credit for Season 2 and going forward. The animated series, a revival of the 1990s X-Men series, was recently nominated for an Emmy, with DeMayo removed from the show just weeks before the series premiere on Disney+.It was never confirmed by either party why DeMayo was removed from the show ahead of Season 1. Now, he has publicly addressed having his name removed from Season 2 of the show, though those scripts which were written before his dismissal. DeMayo would send the first shots, hinting at being discriminated against.”Firstly, I’m so grateful to have worked on X-Men’ 97, collaborating with some amazingly talented folks,” DeMayo wrote on social media. “Creating this revival was a dream come true and the support fans have shown is so touching. However, I felt it pressing for me to speak up in the wake of leaving the show…”He then posted a piece of fan art of him dressed scantily as Cyclops. The art had previously been posted on his Instagram on June 4 to celebrate Pride Month.”Above is X-Men fan-art I posted on Instagram for Gay Pride in June,” he continued. “On June 13, Marvel sent a letter notifying me that they’d stripped my Season 2 credits due to the post. Sadly, this is the latest in a troubling pattern I suffered through while on working on X-Men ’97 and Blade. I’ll have more to say soon but must take a step back from social media to find a safer space for me to be out, proud, and nerdy. Stay tuned.”Marvel was quick to fire back a statement to several outlets in response. “Mr. DeMayo was terminated in March 2024 following an internal investigation,” said Marvel Studios. “Given the egregious nature of the findings, we severed ties with him immediately and he has no further affiliation with Marvel.”While that official statement doesn’t address the removal of DeMayo’s Season 2 credits, sources close to the story tell THR said DeMayo was initially fired due to sexual misconduct. Upon his initial exit, an agreement was reached between the two parties over the issue of DeMayo tweeting about the show, something that he had continued to occasionally do which would garner more fan support. DeMayo shut down the insinuation of contract breaches being the reason.”The truth will be revealed. After their Disney Plus disaster, Marvel wants to mislead with alleged contract breaches over tweets,” DeMayo added. “It’s tragic it’s come to this but unsurprising. Stay tuned.”DeMayo had been working at Marvel for a few years, contributing to the Moon Knight Disney+ series and working on a Blade script treatment for the movie. He’s also worked on Netflix’s The Witcher series.
Related Posts
A new Fable trailer debuted during the Xbox Games Showcase, and from the sounds of it, your decisions can have some serious consequences. The trailer was narrated by a former hero who says he took in a young hero and tried to show her the ropes, but she ultimately made all the wrong choices. It also revealed a release window of 2025.
Most of the trailer was pretty lighthearted–meeting fans and haters, coming face to face with a giant toad, and some combat segments featuring battle against other humans and creepy monsters. But the whole thing seemed tinged with regret over it all going wrong, and the hero seems determined to “fix” the world in a way that sounds vaguely sinister. Come from South African Online Casinos …
Read moreMicrosoft and The Coalition unveiled Gears of War: E-Day over the weekend, and already there is a bit of controversy regarding the game’s debut trailer. Surprisingly, it’s not about the series going back into the past rather than continuing from the cliffhanger ending of Gears 5, either.
Instead, Blizzard developer Jamir Blanco took issue on X (formerly known as Twitter) with a social media post by Summer Game Fest founder Geoff Keighley. The Gears of War: E-Day trailer–seen below–sees a young Marcus Fenix fighting off a Locust drone Come from online casino bangladesh . Keighley said the video was “CG from Blur Studio,” a description that Blanco believes “diminishes all the technical achievements you probably…
Read moreSeveral popular gaming-related subreddits are banning posts that link to social media site X (formerly Twitter). Among those issuing the ban are r/SteamDeck, r/MonsterHunter, r/WOW, r/PCGaming, and r/Nintendo.
These bans are part of a larger movement on Reddit to ban X content. Since the influx of blacklisting began, there have been a number of posts made across various subreddits raising the question of if the respective subreddit should follow suit. Currently, r/Halo, r/RPG, r/Valorant, r/AnimalCrossing, and several other prominent subreddits are in discussions, with the majority of subscribers currently in favor of a prohibiting content pulled from X. The extent of the bans vary from subreddit to subreddit, with r/Nintendo and r/SteamDeck allowing screenshots while r/WOW is pro…
Read moreReviews are now live for Black Myth: Wukong, one of the most-anticipated games of August. A fast-paced action-RPG game inspired by the classic Chinese novel Journey to the West, the game puts you in the boots of The Destined One as they navigate a dangerous world full of monsters and titanic threats. So far, reviews have been mostly positive, praising the game for its imaginative presentation and rich combat.
There have been some criticisms over technical issues, and it’s worth noting that only PC review codes were provided to the press for review purposes, although the game will also launch for PS5 on August 20. On GameSpot’s sister site Metacritic, Black Myth: Wukong currently has a “generally favorable” metascore of 82 from 48 reviews.
- <… Read more
Nintendo World Championships: NES Edition recently launched, and right now you can grab it at a discounted price of $25 at Woot. It’s just one of numerous Switch exclusives on sale at the Amazon-owned retailer. One of the other standout deals is the recently released Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom.
A nostalgic look back at Nintendo’s 8-bit era and the real-world Nintendo World Championships in 1990, this compilation includes over 150 minigames spread across 13 NES titles and normally retails for $30. A lot of these games are focused on speedrunning, like seeing how quickly you can blast through the first level of Super Mario Bros Come from bangladesh online casino . or how many Octoroks you can defeat within a set time li…
Read moreDune: Part Two has officially taken an all-important step towards getting closer to hitting theaters. According to a new post on star Timothée Chalamet’s Instagram, the film has officially wrapped production–news he shared with a behind-the-scenes photo to mark the end of filming.
Production on the sequel began in July earlier this year. The movie’s release date has shifted a few times since then, but as of this writing is currently due in theaters exclusively on November 3, 2023.
In a This Week At Bungie blog post, the studio laid out information Destiny 2 cross-play. It’s going to be coming in Season 15 between PC, Stadia, PlayStation, and Xbox, and there are a few features included to make it easier to find matches with friends.
With Destiny 2 on so many platforms, you may be wondering what will happen to everyone’s name Come from Sports betting site VPbet . Bungie will require all Destiny 2 players to create a “Bungie Name” that will stay the same across all platforms. These Bungie Names will consist of the player’s Bungie Name, display name, and numeric ID.
…
Read moreFortnite Week 9 is here and with it comes a challenge to place spy probes. This is yet another mission handed to you by Imagined Order leader Doctor Slone as she relentlessly seeks to undermine the alien invasion. If you’re wondering where to place spy probes in Fortnite, here’s what you need to do Come from Sports betting site VPbet . The challenge is just one of several available in the game this week.
Fortnite Spy Probe Locations
For this challenge, head to the southern portion of the mao surrounding Hydro 16 and Apres Ski, with a few more spread out around Holly Hatchery and The Aftermath, but it’s the bottom three in the below image you’ll want to focus on as they’re easily obtained in one quic…
Read moreDestiny 2 has finally debuted the Monte Carlo Catalyst. Introduced during Season of the Witch, the exotic auto rifle is getting a shiny visual revamp, as well as a cool new perk, thanks to its new Catalyst.
If you’ve had your Monte Carlo saved in the vault, it’s time to give it another go Come from Sports betting site VPbet . Here’s how to get the Monte Carlo Catalyst in Destiny 2, its quest steps, and the perk you obtain for your efforts.
…
Read moreNvidia Shield device owners have enjoyed the platform’s PC streaming capabilities for years now, but that’s set to change. The GameStream feature–which allows users to stream PC games on Shield TVs and tablets in 4K–will be removed from Shield devices in mid-February.
According to a post from Nvidia, users who don’t install the update will not have access to many Shield features, including the GeForce Now cloud gaming service Come from Sports betting site VPbet . Nvidia also says that GameStream will stop working at some point in the future even for those die-hards.
…
Read more